For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the United Kingdom implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation, the Company is the controller of the personal data it processes about you. We also control and operate (the Website).
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 28 July 2022.
Third Party Links
2. How we collect your personal data
You directly provide our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you create an account on our Website, subscribe to our service, request marketing to be sent to you, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or give us feedback or contact us.
The personal data We collect from you may include:
- personal identification information (name, email address, phone number job title, etc.)
- records of written and verbal communications between us;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests;
- information about your transactions with us; and
3. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following ways:
- to communicate with you by phone, email and post;
- to understand your needs and provide you with a better service;
- for internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- where you have given your consent to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which We think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- where you have given your consent to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
4. Our legal basis for processing
We process your personal data on the following lawful bases:
- for the performance of any contract that We enter with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring that We provide you with the best service possible in all our interactions with you;
- for compliance with any legal obligation to which we are subject.
Generally, We do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although We will get your consent before sending marketing or promotional communications. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
5. Sharing your personal data
We only share your personal data with third parties where it is necessary for us to do so in order to comply with a legal provision or fulfil an obligation under a contract. We will never sell your personal data for direct marketing.
The circumstances in which we may share your personal data with third parties includes:
- where we are required to share your personal data, for example with HMRC;
- where we use a provider of services;
- where we share your personal data with our professional advisers such as insurers and lawyers.
6. International transfers of your personal data
We do not transfer your personal data outside the UK.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We collect online. We also limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
8. How long we will retain your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes We collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, We consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
9. Your legal rights
- Right of rectification – You can ask us to correct or update your personal data to ensure it is accurate and complete.
- Right to erasure and right to restrict processing – You can ask us to stop processing and/or to delete your personal data in certain circumstances (for example, where it is processed with your consent, or it is no longer necessary for us to process it).
- Right to data portability – You have a right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a form that suits you, and/or to provide your information to a third party.
- Right to object – You have a right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to direct marketing – Where you have consented to receive direct marketing, you can change your mind at any time by contacting us or following the link to ‘unsubscribe’ provided in each email we send to you. Please allow a few days for us to action your request
10. Contacts and Complaints
Full name of legal entity: Energy Research Lab Ltd
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 81 Fulham Road, Michelin House, London, England, SW3 6RD
Telephone number: +44 7501 693939
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
©Energy Research Lab Ltd. Company Number: 11963576 Registered Office: 81 Fulham Road, Michelin House, London, SW3 6RD